- carry firearms 携带武器
- wear or display a coat of arms 佩戴盾形徽号；展示盾形纹章
bear the brunt of
bear the burden of
- suffer the consequences of 承受…的后果
bear someone a grudge
- nurture a feeling of resentment against someone 对某人心怀怨恨
bear a hand
- (archaic)help in a task or enterprise (古)出一把力，帮助
bear someone malice (或 ill will)
- [with negative]wish someone harm 对某人怀恶意
bear a relation (或 relationship) to
- [with negative]be logically consistent with 一致
- the map didn't seem to bear any relation to the roads.
bear a resemblance (或 similarity) to
- resemble 相像
bear the stamp of
- strongly resemble in a way that suggests influence 带有…印记
- their tactics bear the stamp of Soviet military training.
bear witness (或 testimony) to
- testify to 证明
- little is left to bear witness to the past greatness of the city.
be borne in upon
- come to be realized by 被认识到
- the folly of her action was borne in on her.
bring pressure to bear on
- attempt to coerce 企图强迫
bring to bear
- muster and use to effect 应用；使用
- she had reservations about how much influence she could bring to bear.
- aim (a weapon) （用武器）瞄准
- bringing his rifle to bear on a distant target.
does not bear thinking about
- is too terrible to contemplate 可怕得难以想像；不堪想像